My Favorite Vuitton...



 Okay so here is a new sort of “obsession” of mine, that I would like to introduce. I am madly in love with Louis Vuitton trunks.
I know, the brand is quite decadent and most people whit Vuitton bags are rich, weird, un-stylish people. The kind of person that doesn’t care about the bag itself, the only thing they’re interested in are the huge logo’s, and big prints. They are obsessed with golden jewellery, big watches, big sunglasses and they’re always very very VERY over-accessorised. Of course there’s a big market in it for labels like Vuitton, Chanel and Gucci. You would be surprised how many Kim Kardashians there are out there. Only few people now that Louis Vuitton is much more than chiwawa sized-clutches only.





Louis Vuitton, born on the forth of August 1821, started his own luggage shop in 1854. In 1858 Vuitton introduced his flat-top trunk.  In that time, most trunks had a round top so that the rain could run off, but round-top suitcases could not be stacked. Louis Vuitton started a revolution an he became insanely popular whit his flat-top trunk. It made travelling a lot easier. He focussed on making one-of-a-kind trunks, specially adjusted to the customers needs.  Very strange, amazing and also quite useful suitcases were produced. Many of them are still used (and sometimes even still made) today.


Now, almost five generations of Vuittons later, Maison Vuitton gave out their book: “100 legendary trunks”. A summary of almost five hundred pages on their most extraordinary and exclusive trunks. It is only available at Louis Vuitton stores for almost hundred Euros but I am dying to get one! I really really really neeeed that book!
For now, all I have is the internet, wich provides me enough super stunning Louis Vuitton suitcases. From now on, every now and then, I will write a short piece on my blog on another amazing trunk I found. So everybody stay tuned…